Tuesday, June 28, 2011

fishing....for answers.

Today I went fishing...for the first time in 10 years. And incase you were wondering I didn't catching anything. What I did in fact attract, was one "Mr. Talkative" ill call him. This was a guy who could talk on and on for hours...and he did.... What is it about fishing that seems to bring the real talkative old guys around....in any case this guy had a lot to say about the healthcare system after he found out I was going to school for medical studies. Needless to say he thought It was all over priced, and more money should be spent towards prevention rather than treatment. This made me think...what kind of Medical Professional do I want to be...? I mean is preventative medicine something I might want to look into for a future specialty (even though I am not even in Medical School yet it is a good idea to stay current with the ideals in todays world.) I digress....but seriously though. Can I make a good living whilst still giving back to the world for a better future...what can one person do in the face of all the economic and political hardships? Is there really a way to get the idea of balanced life style and eating habits to people...or is it just an impossibility that shouldn't even be tussled with? I guess I'm to much of a Medical Virgin to know the logistics behind Political Medicine..but for the first time today I think I really got the rusted neurons in my brain firing about political issues..... I guess it's time I actually grow up and take a side!

1 comment:

  1. After taking AP US Gov with Comisky and getting a 5 on the exam, you'd think that I would keep up with politics but that's unfortunately not the case. It's definitely our responsibility to be informed citizens but it's hard when other, more pressing matters beg for our attention. I have to make a conscious effort to read the news and stay updated but I oftentimes fail. =/ Good luck on your journey to self-awareness and enlightenment!! :)

    ReplyDelete